The Mauritius Advantage
With an established rule of law and right of appeal directly to the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council in London, Mauritius has built up a reputation as the offshore financial services centre of choice in the region, ranking 20 out of 189 countries in the World Bank Doing Business survey of 2014, and 1st out of 47 African countries.
Additional benefits include:
- Costs Competitiveness
- Living and administrative costs are very low
- Freest and most business-friendly country in Africa
- An exceptional network of DTAAs and IPPAs
- Relatively low cost of professional services
- Large pool of highly qualified and bilingual professionals (English/French)
- Strategic time zone (GMT+4). Business can be conducted with the Far East in the morning, Europe around mid-day and USA in late afternoon
- Investment-friendly regulatory regime
- Ocean State within one of the largest Exclusive Economic Zones in the world
- Well-established banking institutions and an international stock exchange
Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements (DTAAs)
Mauritius is the ideal platform for outbound cross-border investment having agreed 51 DTAA to-date with a further 16 treaties under negotiation.
Investment Promotion and Protection Agreements (IPPAs)
Mauritius has concluded a number of IPPAs with several more awaiting ratification.